HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{Life} 1956 Australian Women's Weekly + The Advertisements Part One

Australian Womens Weekly Ad
Australian Womens Weekly Ad Australian Womens Weekly Ad Australian Womens Weekly Ad Australian Womens Weekly Ad Australian Womens Weekly Ad

If you follow me on Twitter you might have seen my recent post about reading a vintage Australian Women's Weekly magazine. I am so enraptured by this glimpse into the past that I couldn't resist sharing these fading pages with you all.

How fantastic are these advertisements? I am a Madmen fan and these images are so very Madmen (albeit an Australian version) My favourite is the Carnival shoe spread- teeny women sitting in their shoes that 'sigh with comfort'. Magazine layouts are so slick and produced these days, I love the imperfections here. If you don't already know it, I am a total graphic design nerd, and some of these fonts and compositions are making my typesetting heart skip a beat.

I have a stash of images from this 1956 Australian Women's Weekly that I will be posting over the next two weeks. Most of the features in the magazine relate to the Melbourne Olympics which were about to be held here, so I think it is fitting that I unearthed this collection before the London Olympics later this year. Wait until you see the fashion pages; they are mind blowing and hilarious.

xx Samantha Alice


Twitter Facebook Bloglovin'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...