HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

{Fashion} Bloggers Do It Better + This Heart of Mine

This Heart of MineThis Heart of Mine
This Heart of Mine This Heart of Mine This Heart of Mine This Heart of Mine This Heart of Mine This Heart of Mine This Heart of Mine This Heart of Mine

I don't really need an excuse to dress up but I was very excited when Kristina from Pretty Shiny Sparkly announced the latest Bloggers Do It Better event. I had this fabric stashed away waiting for a reason to use it on something amazing, so when I read that the theme was red, I knew exactly what I was going to do.

The print of this fabric is so amazing so I kept the style simple- a heavily a-line shift with subtle gathering at the scoop neckline. I wanted to keep it classy with a long string of costume pearls and my go to sock bun hair. My shoes are Wittner.

I was aiming for soft makeup with a strong graphic element to my eyes and strong lips. I used the E.L.F 'back to school' neutral eyes palette and studio eyes gel liner, Mabelline Mineral Powder blush in gentle pink, E.L.F studio cheeks blush in peachy keen, Mac Lash Zoom mascara and Clinique Different Lipstick in Brilliant Coral. My base was Bougious Healthy Mix in shade 53, Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in Silky Beige and Mattify Cosmetics Ultra Powder.

Happy Valentines Day lovers xx Samantha Alice


Twitter Facebook Bloglovin'

15 comments:

  1. Wow, the print of that dress is amazing! And the way you're talking about it....did you make it? If you did, holy cow! That is awesome! I love your winged eye liner too. I've tried that so many times and I can't ever get it right. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! <3

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make it Toni! I am a sewing fiend, or at least I try to be. And I highly recommend getting a felt tip eyeliner for winged liner practice...Barry M does a great one that is easy to control but loads of brands have them now. Once you have that down move onto gel liner with a liner brush...it is tricky at first but just keep trying! Thanks so much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  2. Your blog is really cute and adorable!!!

    Take a look at my blog: The Spotted Cherry Pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress, it is so gorgeous. The accessories like the pearls and flower really add to the outfit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Imogen! I am really happy with how it looks- might make more using the same pattern I think
      x

      Delete
  4. Hey Sam!
    Long time no talk. Looks like youre doing very well. Your eyes are honestly amazing.

    This is Philippa by the way, commenting from New York.

    miss you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Philipa! Miss your too! Wish I was in NYC... x

      Delete
  5. Very sexy and beautiful! I love this dress on you and I LOVE that red color as well. Good call on the bun. I've always wanted to try that sock technique.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Jen! I love sock buns...best invention ever especially for fine hair like mine x

      Delete
  6. Hi! I found your blog by participating in the recent BDIB challenge Love how you styled your red. Cute blog!! Please visit mine if you get a chance. Have a wonderful day!!

    Tiffany
    http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUCH a gorgeous dress, it looks amazing on you!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...