HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

{Review} Some Makeup Favourites + Skin Progress Report

Just wanted to bring you a very quick post with some of the products I have been loving in the last month or so and update you on my quest to fix my oily skin and large pores.

First off the blocks is basically a miracle product that I wish I knew about earlier. If you have super oily skin like me,  and if makeup just never seems to last, then I urge you to try the Ultra Powder from Mattify Cosmetics. This super cheap and easy to use product is a translucent powder with magical mattifying powers. In Summer I can find myself applying makeup in the morning and by lunchtime or earlier I am completely shiny everywhere. Not just in my t-zone, but my whole face becomes an oil slick. It is seriously depressing guys. I started using this about three-ish weeks ago and am so pleased with the results. The directions say to use the powder under foundation as a primer and over it as a finishing powder. I tried this a few times but it made foundation a little hard to apply and the results didn't look great. I find it works best after all my makeup is applied and as an oil absorbing touch up throughout the day. If I have this powder on my makeup lasts around five hours which is pretty darn amazing really. It is completely matte with no mica or pearl so won't create shine, and completely transparent so blush and even highlighter shows through vibrantly. I am so pleased I found this, as while I hope I can find ways to cut down on how greasy my skin gets, this helps me look and feel great until I do. The company also do tinted powders and an enormous range of eye shadows that I haven't yet tried.


Also in the 'fix my skin' vein are these next products that couldn't be more different. First up, Thursday Plantation Teatree Acne Wash. This comes in a self foaming pump which I don't love, and smells very strong which I also don't love, but it delivers. My skin feels great after this, especially when I leave it to 'sit' on my face a little longer than a face wash. It unclogs my pores better than most drugstore products and my skin feels fresh, taut and nourished. Second, Clarins' Daily Energising Cream-Gel. I scored a sample of this which has sadly all but gone, and I will be buying it for sure. I would like to try their other matte effect moisturisers as well, but I am very happy with the results of this product. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and primed, and has actually reduced the size of my pores quite a bit.

Got any miracle products for oily skin you have found? Please share!

xx Samantha Alice
P.s This is my 80th post!

Twitter Facebook Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. I used to have pretty bad acne and very oily skin. For me, it all boiled down to hormones. The dermatologist suggested that I try birth control pills to regulate my hormones, I went for it, and after a few months of taking the pills, my skin improved drastically.

    I definitely would recommend this route, unless of course you're against the use of birth control for any reason, or if it's not compatible with your body (some people get really bad side effects). I recommend it because: if it's a hormone issue, there's only so much one can do for oily skin. I've also known someone who had a lot of success with Accutane treatments, although I would research both thoroughly beforehand.


    And of course, there's the long list of things to remember for clearer skin such as:
    - change pillow case frequently
    - look for "non-comedogenic" and "oil free" on the back of beauty products
    - wash makeup brushes frequently
    - drink lots of water
    - don't deprive your skin of moisture just because it's the oily type. It could be trying to compensate for harsh products.
    - And many more!!

    Sorry for the SUPER long comment! These are just thing I've found really helpful over the years.

    darladear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I have to try that powder once summer arrives here (summer in ny is so hideous!) At the moment I have the opposite problem - distressingly dry skin, thank god for Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. It truely is saving my life.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...