HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Friday, March 16, 2012

{Tutorial} Roast Pumpkin and Chicken Spaghetti

It feels strange calling these recipes tutorials but for now thats how I categorise them. I want to do a massive blog overhaul next week but we'll see. Lately life has been getting in the way of blogging but I hope I can stay committed over the next few weeks.
So in light of a fairly crap week I wanted to make a yum friday night dinner. I have  made this loads but not for ages so I decided to bust it out again.

Roast Pumpkin and Chicken Spaghetti 
You will need:

  • 2 Chicken breasts sliced
  • Olive oil for cooking
  • Half a medium pumpkin cut into 3cm cubes
  • 1/2 cup pinenuts
  • 2 smallish blocks of soft feta cheese like Danish Feta
  • A handful of sweet basil leaves
  • 1 packet spagetti 
Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions.
Roast pumpkin in some olive oil and salt on a moderate oven until browned and tender.
Pan fry chicken in olive oil until browned and cooked through, set aside. In the same pan, fry pine nuts until just brown. In a big bowl combine pasta, roast pumpkin, chicken and pine nuts. I like to use the oil from the chicken/pine nuts to dress the pasta. Crumble over the feta and roughly tear the basil. 

I promise this is so yummy. The sweetness from the pumpkin works so well with the salty creamy feta and the pine nuts are little gems of goodness.

Roast Pumpkin Spaghetti Roast Pumpkin Spaghetti Enjoy!
xx Samantha Alice
P.S Sorry for the bad quality photos! I can't find my memory card for my camera anywhere and it is really bugging me! All I had was my iPhone.


twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

2 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy! I've never thought about adding pumpkin in my spaghetti, but after thinking about it, it sounds like a good idea. Why haven't I tried this before!

    I like that you call it a tutorial, but I can see why you think it's strange. I don't. LOL

    www.jenkakio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha! Okay, I seriously should NOT have read this blog post while hungry at midnight! Looks and sounds so, so delish. The pumpkin sounds AMAZING.

    Thanks so much for your sweet blog comment! I'm so happy I found your blog because it is ADORABLE. I'm following you on Bloglovin' as we speak! It's so pretty and well put together and beautifully designed. So happy to meet you!

    xo, Natasha
    http://papercrowns.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...