HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tasty. The Smoothie to Whoop all other Smoothies.

I know, more blueberries. I really like them ok? I also really like smoothies. Like,  A LOT. Starting the day with something this yum and this healthy and jam packed with goodness has got to be great. You might look at some of the ingredients and think 'well she's a weirdo', but trust me, this tastes amazing. If I have one of these puppies for breakfast, I am not hungry until mid morning, so they are very filling.

Coconut and Blueberry Protein Smoothie
You will need: (Serves 1)

  • A handful of frozen blueberries
  • large tablespoon of yoghurt (I use soy or lactose free)
  • small handful of raw oats (these have loads of protein)
  • small handful of shredded/flaked coconut
  • 2/3 cup milk (I use soy)
  • 2 tsp psyllium husks (Good source of fibre and keep you feeling fuller for longer)
  • 1tsp cold pressed coconut oil (this is optional, tricky to find and a tad expensive but is a miracle food. A teaspoon of this a day helps with heart, liver and thyroid health)
Chuck it all in a jug or a blender and whiz away until all smooth and creamy.

xx Samantha Alice

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

2 comments:

  1. I never had psyllium husks before. I love trying new things. I hope I can find some husks at the farmer's market or at the local grocery store. I think the smoothie sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...