HomeAboutFashionLifeTutorialsReviewsContact

Monday, September 3, 2012

Life. About me...


So I stole this post idea (and all the questions) from Made. I hope she doesn't mind, but I loved it so much I wanted to give it a go! Here are some things about me...

The house I grew up in... 
Which one? We moved a lot when I was a kid, and I have kept moving as an adult. When I started school we lived in this amazing farm house. It had an old stable door at the back and my sister and I would be endlessly entertained playing horses and what not. We had horses and space and creeks to slosh through in our gumboots. When I started high school we lived in this tiny house right near the beach. When I moved away after school it took me the longest time to get used to not hearing the waves all night. 

When I was a child I wanted to be... 
I didn't really mind as long as I was rich and famous. I wanted to be a fashion designer for a long time, and I guess I have landed not far from that dream. I still want to be famous really. 

The moment that changed me for ever... 
I really don't think one moment has changed me in a big way, but rather I am who I am through a collection of tiny moments all bumping against each other. When my Mum's parents died, a couple of years apart, I did feel that it would effect me forever. This year has had some big moments, getting my licence and deciding to move overseas. I hope that getting on that plane to London in 97 days is a big one. 

My greatest inspiration... 
Anyone that has changed their lives for the better and managed to help others along the way is a huge inspiration. I also look at my Mum's life and feel pretty inspired, she raised two girls alone on crappy money whilst suffering with depression and anxiety. We always had enough and I never thought we were destitute. 

My real-life villain... 
Anxiety and overwhelming shyness. Whenever I get complacent and think I have these two suckers beat, they find a new way to get at me. 

My style icon... 
How I'd like to dress and how I do dress are very different! I love Rachel Bilson's style, also Gwen Stefani and Chloe Sevigny. I wish I could dress like Bridgette Bardot everyday though! 

If I could change one thing about myself... 
The fact that I am so hard on myself and really good at coming up with things I'd change. 


At night I dream of... 
London. And cute British boys named Toby and Barnaby. 

What I see when I look in the mirror I see... 
Someone who should be happier with what they see. 

My favourite item of clothing... 
Leggings or blazers. It is a close tie. 

I wish I'd never worn... 
Matching paisly print skirt and top with purple sequins along the hem. It was 1999 and I had no idea about what looked good!

It's not fashionable but I like...
Listening to Britney Spears when I work out. 

You wouldn't know it but I'm very good at... 
Waxing eyebrows and cutting hair. If study had been difficult for me I probably would have become a makeup artist. 

You may not know it but I'm no good at... 
Talking to people. I get horribly tongue tied and say the wrong thing all the time. I got a phone call for work the other day and before the woman had asked me how I was I had told her 'good thanks'. What a fool. 

All my money goes on...
Groceries and makeup. I really have to cut back on my spending!

If I have time to myself... 
Three months ago I would have said stay in my room and watch movies. These days I'd go for a walk on the beach or go shopping. 

I drive... 
My Mum's Toyota Carola Ascent. It is white and I love it! 

My house is... 
An old fibro house with ugly plastic cladding and an enormous backyard. 

My most valuable possession is... 
My amazing iMac computer. 

My favourite building... 
The Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney. It is such a substantial sandstone building full of amazing art. I could wander it's galleries for hours and hours. 

Movie heaven... 
Strange arty films, Lord of the Rings and soppy romantic dramas. 

A book that changed me...

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides and The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingslover. They are both epic stories but about very different things. I have never been so moved to the core by a story ever and highly recommend them both. 

My favourite work of art... 
I have a Bachelor of Art History and Theory so this is a really tricky question!! It's like asking a parent their favourite child. It is probably easier to name my favourite artists than particular artworks. I love Tracey Emin, Barbara Kruger, Jose Gonzalez Torres, Del Katherine Barton, Johannes Vermeer and Gustav Klimt. Right now I'd say my favourite work of art is Klimt's 'The Kiss'.

The last album I bought/downloaded... 
This is tough because I haven't purchased any music for such a long time! I checked my iTunes account and the last song i brought was 'Love You Till the End' by the Pogues. 

The person who really makes me laugh... 
My sister is the funniest most ridiculous person I know. She can have me in absolute stitches so easily. She also drives me mad, so it is lucky for her she makes me laugh so hard I can't breathe. 

The shops I can't walk past... 
Anywhere that sells makeup. I love swatching products and trying new things, even if I know I can't buy anything! 

The best invention ever... 
Apple computers. Oh and moisturiser! 

In 10 years' time, I hope to be... 
Happy, healthy, in love with my work, in a long term relationship with a couple of kids. 

My greatest regret... 
Letting opportunities, whether big or small, go past because of my anxiety and fear. 

My life in seven words... 
Inconsistent, brave, love, organised, pretty, relaxed and compassionate. 

xx samantha Alice
twitter

Facebook Image Map

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post!

    I'm terrible at talking with people too due to my anxiety! I'm so socially awkward!

    I love Tracey Emin too- You are a girl with good artistic taste!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Comments make me happy so don't be shy. And since I try to reply to all my comments, remember to click 'subscribe by email' to get updates on my replies!

twitter Facebook bloglovin Image Map

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...